Thursday, July 21, 2011

Affirmation: Changing My Dreams

Something I have struggled with in the past few months is nightmares. The only times I ever dreamed were filled with horror, death, struggle and hatred. I witnessed murders, wrecks, kidnappings, torture...and I woke up in a trembling sweat, unable to go back to sleep. This was a typical night for me.

Lately I've been reading a lot about the power of daily affirmations. Last night, while lying in bed, I took out my journal and wrote down all of my favorites so far. Here are a few:


  • I flow freely and lovingly with life.
  • I experience love wherever I go.
  • Life supports me.
  • I release any negative or fearful thoughts. I am safe. 
  • I choose to treasure my soul.
After making the list, I read them over a few times before going to bed. 

I woke up this morning feeling brighter and more happy than usual. Then I remembered the dream I had. I was in a cave, but I wasn't scared. The walls shone like diamonds, almost like tiny stars, and I was lying in a small boat on still waters. Slowly, boats floated over next to me that were filled with some of my closest friends, but also with smiling strangers. Everyone was at peace and happiness filled the cave. The next part may seem a little "Glee", but all of the sudden everyone broke out into song. It was a slow song, and I didn't know the words, but it was beautiful and harmonious. All of the voices bounced off the walls of the cave and echoed around me. It was joyous.



I truly believe this dream came to me because of the affirmations I read before going to sleep. I put my mind and soul in a confident and safe place that nightmares and negative thoughts could not touch. This was my first experience with the power affirmations can put over your well-being. Trust that this will now become a nightly ritual for me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment